From October 6th to 13th in Gijón, we will be in open workshops with the leaders of free software, the architects of citizen change, great experts in catastrophes, pioneers the direct economy, clean energy networks, and banking revolutionaries.
- The leaders of the Sharing Cities Network will share in participatory workshops how citizen change was built in cities like Seoul, Cleveland or Bologna.
- Experts from the UME will explain what social and physical infrastructure is most helpful for the resilience of cities when disasters occur, and will teach us to design services and infrastructures for resilience in what we do.
- The developers of GNU social will draw a roadmap of the distributed social web for you: objectives, new apps and plugins to strengthen sharing through collaborative consumption, integration with WordPress…
- Businesses in the Direct Economy like Chufamix or Kano will teach you how to create a sustainable economic project (and will give us workshops on making horchata or teaching information science and electronics to children).
- The leaders of the European network of energy cooperatives will tell us how to create community projects based on green energy and save money on your electric bill.
- The author of “The End of Banking” will design an app to put an end to banks with us.